Mossley Litter Bugs have praised their volunteers after a successful year clearing grot spots in the town.
Throughout 2021, the hardy team has picked nearly 1,500 bags of rubbish from around Mossley.
Rachel Summerscales from the group said the Litter Bugs will carry on cleaning up the town.
In a recent litter pick the group managed 12 bags, plus contractor waste from a small loop in the town’s country park.
Rachel added: “The saddest find was two dead mice stuck inside a bottle.”
The group want to spread the message of keeping Mossley clean and tidy.
To help they want people to:
- Take their own litter home or to one of the many street bins and maybe pick up a couple of clean bits too
- Talk to their children, especially teenagers, about using bins
- Encourage dog owners to not only pick up their mess but to bin it, ideally in one of the bins along the canal and bridle path
- Encourage local businesses to work together to keep areas free of litter and overflowing bins
- Join in a community pick which happen most weeks throughout the winter.
The Mossley Litter Bugs next pick is this Saturday (8 January) at 10am at the top of Brookfields on Egerton Street, Mossley.