During the COVID-19 pandemic the Tameside Sport & Physical Activity Network has continued to support affiliated clubs and groups.
Just a few of the highlights have included :-
- Supported clubs and groups with grant applications to the Sport England COVID-19 emergency grant fund which saw of £70k invested in to Tameside community sport and Physical Activity.
- Development of a partnership with Action Together which has created pathways for volunteers, this has resulted in 12 new volunteers placed within Tameside sports clubs and groups.
- Supported the Tameside Women’s Community Cycling Group with a grant application to the Sport England inequalities fund for £3,050 this has allowed the group to purchase equipment and qualify more volunteers to deliver Cycle road safety training.
- Developed various case studies to evidence the impact of the network, these have been picked up by the Sport England “Club matters” team are being showcased nationally as a model for good practice.
- Supported Hollingworth Junior Football Club to develop a club action plan to help the club identify short, medium and long term objectives for the clubs development.
Further information on the above can be found on the networks new website – www.tamesidesportsnetwork.co.uk
Affiliation is FREE for any Tameside based Sport or Physical Activity Group, once affiliated each club/group will go through a club support audit which will identify actions for development over a 12 month period along with being provided a FREE benefits package to help raise club/group funds, for further information please email – Tsportsnetwork@activetameside.com or register your club via the website address above.