On Air Now Alex Cann 7:00am - 11:00am Playing Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
Now Playing Bronski Beat Smalltown Boy

Do you know who to call for specific issues?

Derbyshire Police are raising awareness of which organisation residents should call about specific issues and concerns. 

As of 2019, all 45 police forces in the UK are covered by the 101 non-emergency number. 

The 101 service provides advice, information and action, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for the following issues:

  • Vandalism, graffiti and other deliberate damage to property
  • Noisy neighbours and noise nuisance
  • Intimidation and harassment 
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Rubbish and litter, including fly tipping 
  • People being drunk or rowdy in public places 
  • Drug-related anti-social behaviour
  • Problems with street lighting 

The 999 emergency line is still in place, but should only be used for the following reasons.

To contact the police when:
• You think a crime is in progress, or that an offender is in the area

To contact another emergency service when:
• A person is in need of immediate medical assistance
• A structure is on fire
• There is another serious incident which needs immediate emergency service attendance.

But the force is also outlining who to contact when you need help for other matters. 

High Peak residents should contact the borough council about the following:

  • Parking
  • Graffiti 
  • Dog fouling 
  • Noise nuisance
  • Abandoned vehicles 
  • Stray dogs 
  • Discarded needles 
  • Fly posting 
  • Fly tipping 
  • Littering 

Residents should contact the fire and rescue service for the following:

  • Uncontrolled blazes 
  • Deliberate fires
  • Fire risks
  • Road traffic collisions 

Enter your email address and tick the box below for regular round-ups of the most important stories in YOUR local area... 

Read more from the Glossop Chronicle

Click here for more of the latest news

Click here to read the latest edition of the paper online

Click here to find out where you can pick up a copy of the paper


  • Mon


  • Tue


  • Wed


  • Thu


  • Fri