Almost £1 million has been awarded by Derbyshire County Council through their Action Grants scheme over the past two years.
There’s more money on the way to boost the activities of community groups, sports clubs, charities and parish councils across the county.
In the latest round of grants, 77 groups are getting their hands on funds totalling £220,000.
Awarded across the four categories of youth activity, community activity, physical activity and sport and community safety, they are going to:
- Chapel Methodist Church, £10,000 to develop a community garden and make it accessible
- Buxton Hockey Club, £900 for training coaches and new equipment
- Glossop North End Juniors and Ladies - £500 for pitch redevelopment
- New Mills School PTA Scoot For Life - £500 to buy scooters for after school clubs.
- Tintwistle Athletic Football Club (pictured), £493 to buy goal posts.
There is £220,000 available in Youth Activity Grants between now and the end of the year or until all the money has been allocated.
For details of how to apply, there is more information at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/YAG