Warning over fires at home

Residents are being urged not to burn waste at home to prevent serious fires and pollution.

Tameside Council is warning that it’s not an acceptable method of waste disposal, with the alert coming after the recent warning last week from Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service about an increase in such blazes.

Cllr Allison Gwynne, Tameside Council’s executive member for neighbourhoods, said: “We thank those currently acting responsibly when disposing of their domestic waste and those observing regulations and social distancing measures at the Bailey Street Household Waste Recycling Centre.’

“As our fantastic Waste Services staff are running a full bin service, and recycling facilities are available at HWRC Bayley Street there should be no need to burn waste in gardens or yards, so we urge residents to continue to act responsibly and maintain fire safety.”

More from Tameside Reporter

Weather

  • Fri

    14°C

  • Sat

    16°C

  • Sun

    17°C

  • Mon

    16°C

  • Tue

    17°C

Recently Played