Here is a picture of Glossop market square and market hall in 1959 with buses parking before setting off to pick up passengers.
In those days what is now the car park in front of the Municipal Building was the venue for the annual spring and autumn fair that came every May and September.
Sadly the fairs stopped around 30 years ago when the council of the day decided that the generators, rides and stalls were so heavy they carried a risk to a culvert running underneath the market ground.
The fear was it could lead to the land collapsing and anything on it disappearing from sight.
The foreground of the picture shows work on the town’s new telephone exchange.
Picture supplied by Glossop Heritage Trust