Reservations Clerk, Club La Santa - Sports Tours International
Established in 1973 Sports Tours International is now one of Europe’s leading tour operators in the mass participation events sector. The business is also the exclusive partner of the world’s number one active sports and leisure resort, Club La Santa in Lanzarote.
With offices in Manchester, Ireland and France, together with a leisure cycling brand Freewheel Holidays and adventure holiday brand Whereabouts, the group has grown significantly in the last decade, delivering experiences of a lifetime, memorable sporting challenges and creating one of the fasting growing active lifestyle communities in the world.
Sports Tours International is a strong advocate of promoting and delivering active and healthy lifestyles and we support both in our workplaces and in our communities the benefits of exercise for improving health and wellbeing including mental health. Our foundation www.runningbeefoundation.co.uk is at the very heart of what we do.
This is a newly created role based at the Manchester office to add to the current reservations team as we continue to increase our turnover and year on year reservations at Club La Santa, an exercise and activity centred holiday resort, located in Lanzarote. Looking after our clients predominantly over the phone and email, you will help to secure their reservation, tailoring their holiday and activities to their exact needs. This position requires a natural flair for great customer service and team work as well as good communication skills and attention to detail.
Reports to – Head of Club La Santa
· Processing bookings for Club La Santa via the phone, online and e-mail. Following the booking procedure to ensure completion of order, for example:
Ø Processing bookings
Ø Processing payments
· General Administration duties for example:
Ø Final info, accommodation vouchers
· Constant liaison with Club La Santa in Lanzarote.
· Liaise with Accounts re: payments and reports.
· Ensuring all records and files are kept up to date and accurate.
· Take responsibility for special projects as directed from time to time.
· Communication with other suppliers when required.
· Proactively look for new opportunities to pursue
· Assist if required in other areas of the business should the need arise
· Attend sporting events in PR/Representation capacity where required, and may include travel overseas to events.
Skills and knowledge needed
· Good listener.
· Positive attitude and use of initiative
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ideally have experience of working in a tour operator and/or have sports experience
· Approachable and willing to work as part of a team.
· Good customer interaction required, with a tact for diplomacy with customers
· Competent use of Microsoft Office components
· Strong planning capability
· Staff discount across brands
· Staff uniform
· 25 days holiday rising with service
· Social events
· Relaxed & friendly working environment
· Contributory Pension Scheme
Anyone who is interested or has any questions can call 0161 379 0240 or email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org