Who has been in court recently?

Our latest round-up of some of the local people who have recently appeared before magistrates...

Drove without care 

Motorist Lee Watson has been fined £80 by Tameside magistrates for driving without due care and attention.

The 44-year-old pleaded guilty to the offence which had happened on October 25 last year along Park Parade in Ashton as he drove behind the wheel of a BMW car.

His driving licence was endorsed with six penalty points and he must pay £85 court costs and a victim surcharge of £34.

His address was given as Chapel Lane, Blackley.

Unpaid work

Karl Whyman, 34, of Kings Road, Ashton, has been ordered to carry out 80 hours unpaid work by Tameside magistrates.

He admitted three separate charges of knowing or believing that a wrongful credit of £1,525.44 had been made to an account kept by him, and dishonestly failing to ensure that credit was cancelled.

He must also pay £85 court costs and an £85 victim surcharge.

Jailed for assaults 

Tameside magistrates handed Kiel Barlow a prison term totalling 12 weeks behind bars for two separate offences of assault.

He had denied both, but was found guilty by the court and given the jail sentence.

Magistrates heard the offences had happened in Stalybridge on two separate dates last November.

The 34-year-old, whose address was given as Foliage Crescent, Brinnington, was handed the sentence because of the serious nature of the assaults and his previous record for offending.

He was also issued with a restraining order meaning he must have no contact with the defendant.

Magistrates ordered him to pay £310 Crown Prosecution costs plus a victim surcharge of £128.

Charged with rape

A 21-year-old man from Dukinfield has been charged with raping a woman in Manchester city centre. 

Liam Clarke, of Yew Tree Lane, has been charged with one count of rape, Greater Manchester Police confirmed last Friday. 

He will appear before Manchester Magistrates’ Court on February 4. 

Shortly before 4am on Saturday, February 29 last year, a 19-year old woman reported to police that she had been raped on Charles Street in Manchester.

Threat of prison 

A Dukinfield man has been given a suspended prison sentence by the borough’s magistrates after being found outside Asda in Ashton with a Stanley knife.

Forty-year-old Richard Reilly, of Pickmere Terrace, Dukinfield, pleaded guilty to the offence which happened on July 29 last year.

He was given an 18 weeks jail sentence, suspended for 18 months and was also ordered to carry out 70 hours unpaid work.

Magistrates ordered him to pay £200 court costs and a £128 victim surcharge. 

Out of order 

Dean Edwards, 33, of Commercial Brow, Hyde, has been given a 12 months conditional discharge by Tameside Magistrates’ Court for failing to comply with previous orders. 

He pleaded guilty to the offence and was also ordered to pay a £22 victim surcharge.

Unpaid work order 

Jack O’Neill must carry out 160 hours unpaid work, Stockport magistrates ordered.

The 23-year-old, of Rowarth Fold, Glossop, pleaded guilty to charges of unlawfully taking a car without consent, and driving without insurance.

The offences had happened on High Street West in Glossop on May 2 last year.

Magistrates banned him from the road for 12 months, fined him £100 plus ordered him to pay £85 court costs and a £95 victim surcharge.


  • Tue


  • Wed


  • Thu


  • Fri


  • Sat