Two teenage men from Tameside have been arrested as part of an investigation into the death of popular restaurant owner Mohammed Islam from Hyde, who was hit by his own car following a robbery.
Greater Manchester Police said the men, who are both 18 years old, have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal.
It follows officers executing warrants in the Denton and Hyde areas on Wednesday morning (27 January).
They have been taken to custody for questioning.
Four teenagers have now been arrested in total and a 14-year-old boy has been charged with murder.
A second 14-year-old boy, who was arrested on suspicion of murder, has since been bailed with conditions.
Mohammed Islam (pictured), known to his friends as Nowab Miah, was delivering a takeaway meal at around 9pm on Friday 8 January when it's understood he was mowed down whilst trying to prevent his own car from being stolen.
The 53-year-old - who was the owner of Marple Spice on Stockport Road in Marple - was left in the road at the junction of Lyme Grove and Hazel Avenue in Romiley.
Mohammed was taken to hospital in a critical condition but sadly passed away in hospital on Sunday 10 January.
Shortly after 8pm on Monday 11 January, Mohammed's silver Mercedes was found abandoned on Watson Street in Denton. Police say attempts had been made to set the car on fire.
Mohammed, who lived in Newton, was a prominent member of Hyde’s Bangladeshi community.
His family have paid a touching tribute to a "mentor and role model" who was "loved and respected by everyone who knew him".
A GoFundMe page, set up by the local community, has already raised £14,000 for Mohammed's family and charity. You can donate by clicking here.
MP Jonathan Reynolds, who represents Hyde, is among those who have paid tribute to Mohammed.
Meanwhile, police are continuing to appeal for information.
Detective Chief Inspector Liam Boden, of GMP’s Major Incident Team, said: "Our investigation into this tragic case continues with great speed and we have two men in custody to be questioned about this incident which we hope will aid our enquiries further.
“We will not relent until we catch all those we believe to be responsible for the circumstances leading to Mohammed’s death and bring them to justice – this is the least that Mohammed’s family and loved ones deserve at this time.
“I continue to encourage anyone with information to get in contact with us – it is not too late to do so – and I thank all those that have assisted us with our investigation so far via phone and the online portal.”
Information and images can be submitted directly via the Major Incident Public Portal here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/06GMP20S31-PO1
Or, you can call 0161 856 9821 or 0161 856 9790 quoting log number 2499 of 08/01/2021. Details can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.