Detectives investigating the death of a man earlier this month have made a third arrest.
A 27-year-old man was arrested in the borough on Saturday (16 July) on suspicion of the murder of Thomas Campbell, aged 38.
Investigators from the Major Incident Team interviewed the man before he was later released on police bail to allow for further enquiries.
A man and a woman, aged 37 and 38 respectively, have already been arrested before being charged with conspiracy to commit Thomas’ murder.
Both have initially appeared at court and have been remanded in custody ahead of another hearing at Manchester Crown Court.
Mr Campbell was found unresponsive at an address on Riverside in the Mossley area at around 10.30am on Sunday (3 July).
Despite the best efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene and a murder probe being led by detectives continues.
Detective Inspector Mark Davis, of the Major Incident Team, said: “Our dedicated team of detectives have been working extremely hard on this case ever since Thomas was tragically found dead earlier this month.
“We continue to progress this investigation thoroughly and at pace, and are always keen to hear from anyone who may have information that they may not yet have told us as it could still be crucial to getting the answers Thomas’ family crave.
“Do please contact us with anything you may know, at any time, by calling 101, or via the LiveChat facility on our website, quoting Operation Ravensburgh.”
Information, images, video or dashcam footage can also be easily submitted to https://mipp.police.uk/operation/06GMP22G12-PO1.
Anyone can anonymously call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.