Nominations are pouring in for this this year’s Pride of Tameside Sports Awards, which returns for the first time since the Covid-19 pandemic and will take place at Dukinfield Town Hall on Friday 30 September.
The event highlights and celebrates the achievements of clubs, individuals and volunteers in the borough, who have gone above and beyond in their chosen sport over the past 12 months.
There will be nine awards handed out on the evening:
- Community Club/Group of the year
- Changing Lifestyle Award
- Young Sports Achiever of the Year
- Unsung Hero Award
- Alex Williams Volunteer of the Year
- School Commitment to PE and Sport
- Inclusion & Diversity Award
- Coach or Instructor of the Year
- Disabled Physical Activity Champion
You can nominate a club, group or individual using the simplistic form provided via the following link: https://tamesidesportsnetwork.co.uk/awards/
You can also listen to our interview with Active Tameside’s Andy Dwyer, who heads up the Tameside Sport and Physical Activity Network, via the following link: https://www.questmedianetwork.co.uk/news/sport/listen-pride-of-tameside-sports-awards-to-return-after-two-year-absence/