The Football Association has announced new heading guidelines for youth football, in association with FA Ireland and the Scottish FA.
The updated Heading Guidance includes:
• Heading Guidance in training for all age groups between Under 6 and Under 18
• No heading in training in the foundation phase [primary school children]
• Graduated approach to heading training for children in the development phase between Under 12 to Under 16
• Required ball sizes for training and matches for each age group
• No changes to heading in matches, taking into consideration the limited number of headers in youth games