A day of workshops and demonstrations this weekend will give Oldham residents the chance to try their hand at a wide range of crafting activities.
Oldham Lifelong Learning is hosting the event on Saturday (March 14) to give people a taster of some of the many courses the service offers.
From 11am to 1pm, the Oldham Lifelong Learning's in-house tutors will demonstrate aromatherapy/hand massages, life drawing, cookery, sewing and flower arranging.
Also included in the morning's activities are French and Spanish as well as creative fun, arts and crafts for children.
The afternoon (1.30pm to 3pm) features a series of free workshops:
- Essentially Tranquil – an introduction to the world of aromatherapy
- Tart Up Your Art – a session which focusses on the creative use of acrylic paints.
- Zippety Doo Dah – a sewing workshop which will see you make a zipped pouch.
- Boujee Blooms – showcasing leaf manipulation in a beautiful Japanese-inspired display.
- Continental Conversations – a fun interactive workshop to introduce you to French.
Tutors will also be happy to chat about the many other creative courses you can enrol on at Oldham Lifelong Learning.
Cllr Shaid Mushtaq, cabinet member for education and skills, said: "Whether you want to take up a new hobby or want to learn new skills for work, this is a fantastic opportunity to have a go at all sorts of interesting craft activities.
"Oldham Lifelong Learning has hundreds of courses available – from the craft sessions we’ll be showcasing on Saturday, to English and maths qualifications and even courses to help parents support their children’s learning.
"The courses are accessible to all and every year thousands of learners benefit from them – proof that it is never too late to learn something new."
The craft event takes place at Oldham Lifelong Learning Centre, The Cultural Quarter, Greaves Street, Oldham, OL1 1AL.
There are limited spaces on the afternoon workshops so to secure your free place, contact 0161 770 8261.