Charlesworth Parish Council continues to hold its monthly meetings remotely by Zoom and members are continuing to keep busy.
Matters discussed at the latest meeting include:
- It’s good news for the annual village well dressing committee with councillors deciding once again to help with the funding
- But it’s bad news about the zip wire ride on the playground which will need replacing within the next 18 months as the supports have rot setting in
- Benches around the village which were beginning to show their age have been refurbished and the Woodlands Trust has been informed that footpath steps in Tom Wood have fallen away
- Derbyshire County Council has contacted the parish to say it cannot put barriers on grass verges in Long Lane to stop people parking
- Simmondley still hasn’t got its parish council notice board as there is some confusion on who owns the land where the council would like it located.