Lots of planning applications have been submitted to, and approved by, High Peak Borough Council of late. Here's our latest round-up...
Planning applications submitted to the borough council include:
- First floor front extension and two storey rear extension 19 Meadowfield, Whaley Bridge
- Re submission of HPK/2021/0140 for extension of existing pub/restaurant at Victoria Lounge, Bernard Street, Glossop
- Conversion of integral garage to living accommodation and first floor extension at 33A New Mills Road, Birch Vale
- Construction of a new two-storey front and side extension at 10 Forge Corner, Outram Way, Chinley
- Replacement of existing dwelling with house and garage at Denhills, Ashbourne Lane, Chapel-en-le-Frith
- Agricultural store building at Slatersbank Farm, Start Lane, Whaley Bridge
- Rear extension, landscape works and internal remodelling of existing dwelling at South Chine, Cote Lane, Hayfield
- Freestanding steel framework complete with fabric roof to accommodate seating and tables at The Old Town Bakery, Kings Arms Hotel, Market Place, Chapel-en-le-Frith
- Two-storey extension at 1 Lark Hill Terrace, New Mills
- Proposed two storey side extension at 2 4 Besthill Cottages, Bankwood, Charlesworth
- Single storey rear extension at 13 Lower Bank Close, Hadfield, Glossop
- Proposed conversion of upper floor of existing commercial building to form three dwellings and associated works at Victoria Works, Hyde Bank Road, New Mills
Plans that have been given the go ahead and granted permission by High Peak Borough Council include:
- Proposed single storey rear, side, and front porch extensions at 12 Springfield Close, Hadfield, Glossop
- Removal of a temporary horse shelter and the construction of a stable building and replacement of existing hardstanding and fencing on land to the north east of Woodseats Lane, Charlesworth
- Retention of decked area to rear of pub The Beehive, 35 Hague Street, Glossop
- Erection of 2no. dwellings and associated works land at Hockerley Lane, Whaley Bridge
- Single storey side entrance porch 16A, Cowbrook Avenue, Glossop
- Proposed garden room at 43 Long Lane, Charlesworth
- Single storey rear extension 118 North Road, Glossop
- Erection of a detached garage at Thornedge, Manchester Road, Tunstead Milton, Whaley Bridge
- Single storey rear extension 2 Goyt Vale Cottage, Fernilee
- Proposed garden room to replace existing stores at 5 Derby Street, Glossop
- Removal of existing side extension and introduction of new gable frontage to property. New single storey, and part 2 storey extension, to lower ground level at rear of the property at 121 Steephill, Lower Hague, New Mills
- Maintaining use as hot food takeaway at 39 Station Road, Hadfield, Glossop
- Proposed first floor side extension, single storey rear extension and garage conversion at 7 Winnats Close, Glossop
Proposals to convert a stone outbuilding into single bedroom accommodation at 78 Buxton Road, Whaley Bridge, have been rejected by High Peak Borough Council.
Six reasons for refusal given by planners including that the proposal would create substandard and unsuitable level of living accommodation and a lack of amenity for both properties.
A proposed change of use of a agricultural building to a dwelling house have also been turned down by High Peak Borough Council.
The application relating to a building at Castle Edge Farm on Castle Edge Road in New Mills, was refused as design and appearance of the development would be out of keeping with the surrounding rural area.
Charlesworth Cricket Club
Plans have been submitted for new practice nets to be installed at Charlesworth and Chisworth Cricket Ground.
The proposals for the site on Marple Road in Charlesworth would replace the existing net facilities.
Also included in the application are plans for an additional storage container.
All of the plans are available to view on the council’s website at www.highpeak.gov.uk