Police are repeating their message to High Peak residents to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity, following a spate of recent incidents in Padfield.
A bicycle - described as a Carbon framed MTB with SPD pedals, a dark grey frame with a black edge saddle bag and tool bag - was stolen on Platt Street, sometime between 7pm on Monday 25 January and 10.20pm on Tuesday 26 January.
At around 11pm on Tuesday 26 January, three men were caught on CCTV entering the driveway of an address on Post Street. They approached a garden shed, opened the door and looked inside. They then left by the same way as their entrance without taking anything.
On the same night, sometime between 11pm and 4am on Wednesday 27 January, it's understood that unknown persons entered a front garden on Platt Street over double gates, which were damaged and pushed in. Nothing was taken on that occasion.
Anyone who has any information about any incidents is asked to call 101 or report it online at https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/contact/af/contact-us/. You can also send a private message to /DerbyshireConstabulary on Facebook and @DerPolContact on Twitter.
For serious and immediate crimes where someone is in danger, you should always call 999.
Police say a third of burglars get into homes through open windows or doors, and people should keep them closed and locked as often as possible.
Other security tips they have issued include:
- Mark or etch your property with your postcode, house or flat number, or the first three letters of your house name
- Register items with a serial number at www.immobilise.com
- Don't leave car keys or ID documents near doors, letterboxes or windows
- Always check who is at your door and don't open it if you feel anxious
- Close and lock all doors and windows, even if you are only going out for a few minutes
- Keep all valuables out of sight
- Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home
- Install a visible burglar alarm
- Always keep sheds and outbuildings locked
- Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for a few days or weeks at a time