Police have reiterated advice to vehicle owners after a Land Rover Discovery was stolen in Glossop this week.
Glossop Police's Safer Neighbourhood Team said they are investigating the theft of the vehicle on Monday (1 March) from Hathersage Drive.
It follows a spate of similar thefts in recent months in the area.
Sergeant Anna Woodhouse added on Facebook: "I thought it would be a good idea to repost a previous security advice post as we are seeing the same 'security override' MO again."
She gave the following guidance:
- Consider enhancing the physical security around your vehicle - such as 'old fashioned' steering locks
- Close driveway gates and increase security with a lock
- If appropriate, consider CCTV
- Block the vehicle in if there is another vehicle at the address
- Consider motion-activated lighting around the vehicle
- Be vigilant for anyone acting suspiciously and report it
People can report incidents by calling 101 or online at https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/contactus, but should always call 999 in an emergency.