The Bureau in Glossop has confirmed that its office on Henry Street will be closed during the four-week national lockdown, but support will still be available to the community.
People will be able to call the charity on their usual phone number, 01457 865722, between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday with any enquiries - or email email@example.com.
Among the services they currently offer are:
- Practical advice for people experiencing sight loss via the telephone
- A telephone befriending service, providing a listening ear weekly to socially isolated people
- A range of volunteer powered socially distanced befriending and mentoring sessions, currently via telephone
- Tailored pre-employment support with CV writing, interviews, training to support people into employment and training
- Volunteer drivers available to support with journeys to medical appointments if you are unable to use public transport or taxis
- Online sessions for all - make a brew, open your device and natter away during regular informal check-in and chats
- An online peer support group for anyone caring for those living with dementia
- A variety of flexible volunteering roles including befriending, driving, mentoring including one-offs, 1-on-1 and group roles
The national lockdown in England will start on Thursday (5 November) and is set to end on Wednesday 2 December.