High Peak Borough Council has given an update for businesses and individuals in the borough on support announced by the Government.
Deputy leader and Glossopdale councillor Damien Greenhalgh say the borough council is still awaiting details on most of the measures that Chancellor Rishi Sunak has revealed but has summarised what is known so far.
· Retail, leisure and hospitality sector to be awarded 100 per cent relief for 12 months to all properties regardless of rateable value (HPBC is reviewing eligible accounts)
· Pub Relief increased to £5,000 (but majority of public houses will be captured in the above – HPBC is reviewing accounts)
· £10,000 grant to be made available for small businesses in receipt of small business rate relief (there is uncertain at this point on eligibility, how payment will be made, how local government will be funded etc – HPBC will provide further updates when known)
· All business in the retail, leisure and hospitality sector with a rateable value below £51,000 will be eligible for a grant of up to £25,000 (uncertainties as above, and whether this is in addition to the £10,000 grant - HPBC will provide further updates when known)
· Hardship fund announced – government to provide Local Authorities (in England) with £500 million of grant funding to support economically vulnerable people and households – through Council Tax relief (It is uncertain what allocation individual Authorities will be awarded / eligibility etc. at this stage – HPBC will provide further updates when known)
· Government has announced potential ‘mortgage holidays’ for those financially impacted by coronavirus (again not clear on detail) and we are awaiting any potential similar guidance in relation to housing rent – HPBC will provide further updates when known.
HPBC also say guidance on support available for businesses during the Coronavirus outbreak is available at https://www.gov.uk/…/guidan…/covid-19-support-for-businesses
This includes information and support for businesses in relation to sick pay, the Business Interruption loan scheme, insurance and tax.
Keep up to date with all the latest local and national developments here: https://www.questmedianetwork.co.uk/news/daily-coronavirus-updates/.