Parents' and children’s groups and activities in Tameside will not be running face-to-face due to Coronavirus restrictions.
Online alternatives are in place to help with children’s development and to keep them entertained.
Tameside Council has made the changes in line with the latest advice and guidance to keep everyone safe.
- Parenting groups: We will be keeping our Children’s Centres social media pages updated. All those currently completing or due to start a programme will continue through a different means of communication e.g. phone, Skype, video. Parenting Co-ordinators will contact parents directly. Anyone can still make referrals for parenting support via the website. Visit the ‘Grow in Tameside’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/growintameside/ for more information on Children’s Centres.
- Littler Learners groups: All those currently attending sessions can follow our Instagram and Facebook page ‘Grow in Tameside’ for activity ideas to do at home.
- Baby groups: All those currently attending sessions can follow our Instagram and Facebook page ‘Grow in Tameside’ for activity ideas to do at home.
- Baby Babble, Small Talk and Toddler Talk sessions: All those currently completing a programme will continue with Early Years providing discussions and tips on supporting your child’s communication and language. Those on waiting lists will be contacted when normal service resumes. All those currently attending sessions can follow our Instagram and Facebook page ‘Grow in Tameside’ for activity ideas to do at home.
- Young Carers groups or holiday activities: Our Children’s Centres Social Media pages will be kept updated. The team will be making regular phone calls to all families on the register to ensure they are supported. Referrals for Young Carers support can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Parents group ‘Wriggles and Giggles’: Our Children’s Centres social media pages will be kept updated. Those who have attended will be supported through the What’s App group.
Lots of online resources are available for parents and carers, including:
- Family Information Service: www.tameside.gov.uk/ParentPartnership/Tameside-Families-Information-Service 0161 342 4260
- Tameside Parenting: www.tameside.gov.uk/Surestart/Parenting-Support-for-Parents-and-Carers-in-Tamesi
- Solihull Online: www.tameside.gov.uk/sid/parenting
- Tiny Happy People: www.bbc.co.uk/tiny-happy-people
- Hungry Little Minds: https://hungrylittleminds.campaign.gov.uk/
- Service Information Directory for Children, Young People and Families: https://www.tameside.gov.uk/Tameside-Service-Information-Directory
- Healthy Start: https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/
Start For Life: https://www.nhs.uk/start4life
Keep up to date with all the latest local and national developments here: https://www.questmedianetwork.co.uk/news/daily-coronavirus-updates/.