If any positives can be taken away from the lockdown, it's that many people are finally finding enough time to test their skills in the kitchen. Specifically, baking is back on the menu!
But given peoples’ shopping schedules are a lot more restricted these days, it can be difficult to obtain all the essential ingredients to make our favourite desserts.
Well, we’re here to help you out with that! Believe it or not there are a handful of desserts that can be made with the simplest of ingredients most of us have stashed away in the cupboard at home!
With this in mind, here are just a few 3-ingredient desserts you need to try!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
240g Smooth Peanut Butter
100g Granulated White Sugar
- Preheat the over to 180C
- Mix all your ingredients together until combined
- Scoop a small amount of dough and shape it into an even ball
- Place the balls onto a non-stick baking pan (Tip: You can press them down if you wish but they should flatten out in cooking)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the bottoms are crispy.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or a refreshing glass of milk!
Simple Creme Brulee
75g (1 large scoop) Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Tablespoon of Granulated White Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
- Preheat your oven to 160C
- Put your ice cream in a microwave-suitable container and microwave until melted. Leave to cool for 5 mins
- Whisk your egg yolk into the melted ice cream until well combined
- Pour your liquid mix into a ramekin, then place the ramekin in a pan with water in the bottom (make sure the water only reaches half way up the ramekin)
- Bake for 40-50 mins
- Remove the ramekins from the pan and set them aside to cool, before covering with clingfilm and refrigerating for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove the Brulee from the fridge at least 30 mins before sprinkling the sugar on top and browning it with a kitchen torch. Alternatively, you can put it under the grill for a few minutes to brown the top, too.
- Let cool for 5 mins and enjoy!
Quick Hazelnut Brownies
370g Hazlenut Chocolate Spread (Nutella or similar)
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Combine all ingredients until a smooth batter is formed
- Pour mixture evenly into a baking tray
- Cook for 12-15 minutes
- Cool for 5-10 mins and serve with cream or a dollop of your favourite ice cream!
Sorted! But what about you? Do you have any quick and easy low-ingredient desserts you think people would love?